nosrednayduj: pink hair (Default)
[personal profile] nosrednayduj
This afternoon, I took a slug of water from my water bottle, and there was a bad taste, and a foreign object. I spat the foreign object out, and it ran away! It turned out to be an ant. Apparently, they taste bad. I got a new water bottle, though it didn't appear that there were any inside. I think maybe it was just sitting in the valve. We've been having a lot of ants, and not running over our food. It's been a little dry, and I think maybe they are looking for water.

Later this afternoon I was out in the garden, and I heard a loud creaking sound during a gust of wind. Down came a very large branch! It missed me by about 5 feet. It grazed the garden fence. Yow! This particular tree has been falling down for years, and this is just its latest branch. (Meanwhile, my plants are doing great! What you see there are my tomatoes.)

A white woman wearing a purple T-shirt standing in a lawn behind a fallen 25 foot long branch that is about 6 feet high at its tallest. Behind her is a bunch of foliage and they a small white house with a white truck front of it; on one side of her is a fenced area with some vegetable plants and behind that is a house with many windows and a bunch of foliage in front.

Date: 2026-06-18 11:21 pm (UTC)
lauradi7dw: (abolish ICE)
From: [personal profile] lauradi7dw
We (Middlesex) were under a tornado warning briefly this afternoon although I don’t think one materialized. So maybe not too surprising that the limb blew down. Glad you weren’t under it.

Date: 2026-06-19 07:10 pm (UTC)
anagramofbrat: (Default)
From: [personal profile] anagramofbrat
yikes. Glad the branch missed you.

Profile

nosrednayduj: pink hair (Default)
nosrednayduj

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
45 678 910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 13th, 2026 03:15 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios